Sunday, October 4, 2009

Red Canyon Lodge

Red Canyon Lodge is a great little place to eat, hang out, and I think you can rent cabins to stay in. It is on the way to Manila, past the Flaming Gorge Dam turn off. We went up and had lunch then Opa helped Deegan fish in the little fishing pond. Of course, they caught a fish--but then released it. How could they not have success with Opa, the great fisherman on hand?
Heidi, Oma, and Sy relaxing and watching the fishing experience. Josh rode his motorcycle up, but for some reason, I didn't get him in any of the pictures. I think he prefers to take the photos, not be in them.

Getting the salmon eggs on the hook and making last minute adjustments to the high-quality WalMart kids pole.
Canyon Rim Lookout to Flaming Gorge

It was a fun and relaxing day--one I wouldn't mind repeating.

No comments: