Sunday, October 4, 2009

More of Horses and Family

Mike loves his horses, and I love him to love horses. Every time the grandkids come around, or the nieces and nephews, the horses come out. For many of them, this is the only up-close exposure they have to horses and Mike tries to make it a good time. I enjoy the horses from a distance--maybe someday I will learn to be comfortable with them and on them.
Vi leading Roux on Hook. Hook has turned out to be the preferred horse for the kids. Amazingly enough, he is also the horse that a few years ago inflicted many of Mike's current physical pains.
I am trying to look comfortable here--but really wasn't. I was sitting behind the kid-saddle, bareback on the horse. Normally I like to have a saddle beneath me, feet tucked tightly into the stirrups, a firm grip with my knees and my hands. Roux was just happy to be there and wanted to be riding, not just sitting there.
Poppa (Mike) and Roux
Roux did not want to get off, so it was Mikie's turn to ride with him.
I am not sure if this is showing off Deegan and Roux, or showing off how calm Hook can be.

No comments: