Sunday, October 4, 2009

Poppa's Joys



I haven't done much with this page in the past several weeks. It has been a hectic time and my efforts have been in other areas. My mom and dad came to visit for over a week. They stayed at Heidi's house. I will post pictures about their visit later. Vi and Roux also came and spent some time with us. During both visits Mike and I were really busy with work and didn't have as much time as we would have liked to play with family.

Poppa's (Mike's) great joys come in the form of our three sweet grandchildren. Of course, they are perfect in all aspects and tons of pictures are taken every visit.
All three on Hook. A few months ago Roux would not have been in the picture--he was petrified of real horses (but you couldn't take the play horses away from him). Now, he rather enjoys being on the horses--but not crowded out with too many bodies. This reminded me of the picture of Aunt Cathy and Uncle Newell's kids all on the back of a horse--six, or seven, or maybe eight kids on one horse!
Anxiously awaiting the saddles, bridles, and other stuff to be put on the horse.
Poppa (Mike) found a praying mantis on the house. Being the nature and biology person he is, he had to share the benefits of the praying mantis and let the kids get up close and personal with it. Deegan first. . .
. . .then Roux. They safely released the critter when finished.
Poppa and Sy at the park. He rests, while I run and chase Deegan.
I think Sy likes her Poppa.
Poppa, Deegan, and Sy sitting on the front porch.

No comments: