One of the favorite nearby places to hike is Papago Park. Roux picks his own route and we follow. First the lake to see the ducks and geese, and then to throw little sticks and rocks into the water. (Do all boys love doing this? I remember my sons doing the same thing!)

Then follow the stream and throw more little rocks and dirt. We have to look closely to see if there is anything interesting in the stream, but not so close as to fall in.

Next we follow the path that Roux chooses. Naturally he has to pick up sticks, play with the bugs, examine every little thing along the way, and tell us all about the wonderful things he has discovered. For me, the fun part was that he always had to hold "Nonna's" hand as we were walking. What a way to boost my self-esteem!

At the top with the hole in the rock behind.


Mom and son looking out over the view.
Roux and I (and Vi) had such a good time playing, snuggling, reading books, walking, and enjoying the grandma and grandson bond. He is such a sweet little boy and I love being able to spend time with him and his mom.
I can't wait until my next visit--maybe in May???
No comments:
Post a Comment