Monday, March 15, 2010

Volleyball


Unshakable!!!
Somewhere along the line that became our slogan. We may get shook up a little with volleyball, but as women we are strong and unshakable!!!
City league volleyball came to an end last week. My one night of socializing and activity and now it is over. The ladies on the team are so much fun. When I am around them my mood lifts and I feel somewhat younger. Last week Liz brought the petitions (for a new rec center) for us to sign. When I filled in my age, she looked at me and said, "You really aren't 50, are you?" Yes, I am--but it made me feel good when Liz acted so surprised.

Smokin' hot ladies!
We took third this year--better than last year, but not as well as other years.

Full of excitement! You can tell all of these ladies are younger than I am. Some of them are young enough to be my daughters! Yet, for some reason our diversities strengthen our bond as a team.
Every year I decide I am too old to play, and then Carrie calls and asks if I am going to be on the team. How can I say no to that invitation? One of these days they will quit calling, and I will know it is time to move on. Until then, I will play with all I have.
Thanks ladies, for a fun season!

3 comments:

Heidi J said...

I can't believe how many people would say to me when I am in Roosevelt "We play volleyball with your mom. we love her." You guys rock!

The Wakefields said...

It is fun and my only social event. Now I have nothing until next fall--if they want me to play again :)

JulieJ said...

I should be doing book work but I thought I would read your blog sence you said on Heidi's that nobody reads yours. Is there any thing you can't or don't do? You are my hero. And I just bald reading about your ski trip. I was so afraid for you. You don't know how close I was to calling search and resque.