Sunday morning Mike and I were out the door by 6:00 AM. It had snowed all night and was still snowing. I was a little concerned about driving over Indian Canyon in our tiny little Neon, however, Mike is an awesome driver and I knew he would get us where we needed to be.
To make a long story shorter, we ended up coming back home and trading vehicles so we could take the truck. First, the car couldn't make in up the Canyon. Then some snowplows took us up and over, but the engine light came on in the car. We went back home, got the truck, and drove the Canyon again. We made it to Price at 11:30--we planned on meeting Vi at 1:00 and still had almost 5 hours still ahead of us.


Indian Canyon--after we went back to the house and traded vehicles.

The original plan was to meet for lunch at McDonald's in Kayenta. Obviously, the plan needed to change. Vi and Roux stopped for lunch, we kept driving. It was decided through phone calls and messages (thank goodness for cell phones) that both of us would keep driving and pull over wherever we met. Somewhere between Mexican Hat and Bluff we pulled over, gave hugs, packed up Roux and his stuff, turned around, and headed back to Roosevelt while Vi drove back to Phoenix.

Monday morning there was snow everywhere and Roux wanted to be in the middle of it. I don't know how many times we dressed in snowgear, played outside, came in to warm up, and started all over again. Roux loved, loved, loved the snow and I would have to bribe him to come inside for a few minutes.

It was so much fun to see Roux smile, play, and thoroughly enjoy playing in the snow. Even I was having fun in the cold, wet stuff!
Guess what is under the snow??? Snowmobile. My work car. The trampoline. And many unidentified objects.
Good thing we have access to snow removal equipment. Roux helped Mike push snow with the tractor. Once the snow was manageable, they switched to the four-wheeler with a snow blade.

Peanut butter cookies with mini-kisses on top. Roux was in charge of the kisses.

Roux helped me make family picture ornaments for our miniature tree. While I cut out and glued pictures of family members to make ornaments, Roux had his own set of pictures to cut out and glue. He had so much fun cutting out his pictures that he decided to work on the ones I had finished.

The finished masterpiece!! Roux hung the ornaments on the tree and was so proud!
The rest of the week will continue with the next post!



No comments:
Post a Comment