I was watching "Failure to Launch" last night with Mike. At one point the mom in the story made the comment that having her son move out and leaving just her and her husband scared the **** out of her. She then went on with her fears of "what if we don't like each other any more?" and so on. When I first watched the movie a couple of years ago, these comments didn't even register. Now, I so know what she means.
I don't know how to be with "just Mike." What are we supposed to do? What do we talk about? How do we live with just the two of us? It doesn't seem like we should be hiding in different rooms, in books or movies, or in work-related projects. I can't get used to not having others around to fill the voids or give me purpose--so, I am lost--really lost in this new, and disappointing phase of life.
If any of you have suggestions on dealing with this, please pass them on. I really don't know how or what to do with this "empty nest" stage.
1 comment:
Just come to my house. You 2 will have plenty to do in those unfilled moments.
Post a Comment