Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Projects and Fun

Heidi called one day and asked if she and the kids could come and spend Saturday with us. She had some projects to work on and Deegan wanted to play with Poppa. Of course, if we are home, they are welcome to come at any time! (I guess they could come if we weren't home, but that wouldn't be much fun for us.)
Heidi has wanted to learn how to crochet little hats, headbands, and flowers. Oma showed Heidi the basics of crocheting, but Heidi wanted to know how to read the instructions that seem to be written in a secret code. We printed some easy patterns off the internet, (I didn't know if I could interpret anything harder than that) and she went to work. While Heidi crocheted, I put a zipper in a skirt she started several months ago.
Cute little Sy in a headband and flower that Heidi made. The headband was a little big, so creative Heidi threaded some ribbon through it, pulled the ribbon so the headband fit, and tied the ribbon into a bow. It turned out really cute! Not bad for her first attempt.
Poppa and Deegan ready to play in the snow on the four-wheeler. They plowed walks and drives, fed the cows, checked on the horses, and I am sure spun a donut or two in the process!
Even Sy loves those freshly picked Arizona oranges!
Heidi bought this truck that opens up into a race-track for mini cars. After buying it, she decided it wouldn't last very long at her house because the toy really wasn't very kid-proof. I bought it from her and it will be a toy at Nonna's house. This is the first time Deegan had seen it.
Heidi and Poppa helped Deegan apply the stickers, put the wheels on, and do all that other stuff to make it ready for play. Of course, now this is a favorite toy for both Deegan and Roux! Thanks Heidi for changing your mind about keeping it!

1 comment:

Heidi J said...

we had fun that day. thanks so much for taking the day to help me with my stuff. I have been addicted to making flowers!